Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the drm tree with Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 11:20:56 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the drm tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_globals.c

between commits:

  1354d830cb8f ("drm/i915: Call i915_globals_exit() if pci_register_device() fails")
  a07296453bf2 ("drm/i915: fix i915_globals_exit() section mismatch error")

from Linus' tree and commit:

  bb13ea282535 ("drm/i915: Remove i915_globals")

from the drm tree.

I fixed it up (I just removed the file) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell