Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the scsi-mkp tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 19:47:10 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the scsi-mkp tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

In file included from include/linux/byteorder/big_endian.h:5,
                 from arch/powerpc/include/uapi/asm/byteorder.h:14,
                 from include/asm-generic/bitops/le.h:7,
                 from arch/powerpc/include/asm/bitops.h:265,
                 from include/linux/bitops.h:33,
                 from include/linux/kernel.h:12,
                 from include/linux/list.h:9,
                 from include/linux/module.h:12,
                 from drivers/scsi/ibmvscsi/ibmvfc.c:10:
drivers/scsi/ibmvscsi/ibmvfc.c: In function 'ibmvfc_queuecommand':
drivers/scsi/ibmvscsi/ibmvfc.c:1959:39: error: 'struct scsi_cmnd' has no member named 'tag'
 1959 |   vfc_cmd->task_tag = cpu_to_be64(cmnd->tag);
      |                                       ^~
include/uapi/linux/byteorder/big_endian.h:37:51: note: in definition of macro '__cpu_to_be64'
   37 | #define __cpu_to_be64(x) ((__force __be64)(__u64)(x))
      |                                                   ^
drivers/scsi/ibmvscsi/ibmvfc.c:1959:23: note: in expansion of macro 'cpu_to_be64'
 1959 |   vfc_cmd->task_tag = cpu_to_be64(cmnd->tag);
      |                       ^~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  c7c43e3c7147 ("scsi: core: Remove scsi_cmnd.tag")

I have used the scsi-mkp tree from next-20210816 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell