Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the tty tree with the parisc-hd tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 15:46:05 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the tty tree got a conflict in:

  arch/parisc/kernel/pdc_cons.c

between commit:

  9613b0cb3eb4 ("tty: pdc_cons, free tty_driver upon failure")

from the parisc-hd tree and commits:

  0524513afe45 ("tty: don't store semi-state into tty drivers")
  72fdb403008c ("tty: pdc_cons, free tty_driver upon failure")

from the tty tree.

I fixed it up (I just used the latter version) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell