Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the vhost tree with the arm-soc and Linus' trees

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 14:22:55 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the vhost tree got a conflict in:

  include/uapi/linux/virtio_ids.h

between commits:

  46abe13b5e3d ("firmware: arm_scmi: Add virtio transport")
  3cfc88380413 ("i2c: virtio: add a virtio i2c frontend driver")

from the arm-soc and Linus' trees and commit:

  df2fd4361a56 ("uapi: virtio_ids: Sync ids with specification")

from the vhost tree.

I fixed it up (the latter included the changes form the former commits,
so I juts used that) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now
fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts
should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree is
submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating with
the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell