Subject: [PATCH] Documentation: Fix irq-domain.rst build warning

From: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 09:53:43 +0100

Correctly escape the * not to be used as emphasis. Also take this
opportunity to clarify the fate of the rest of the legacy APIs.

Reported-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/core-api/irq/irq-domain.rst | 5 +++--
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/core-api/irq/irq-domain.rst b/Documentation/core-api/irq/irq-domain.rst
index 6979b4af2c1f..9c0e8758037a 100644
--- a/Documentation/core-api/irq/irq-domain.rst
+++ b/Documentation/core-api/irq/irq-domain.rst
@@ -175,9 +175,10 @@ for IRQ numbers that are passed to struct device registrations.  In that
 case the Linux IRQ numbers cannot be dynamically assigned and the legacy
 mapping should be used.
 
-As the name implies, the *_legacy() functions are deprecated and only
+As the name implies, the \*_legacy() functions are deprecated and only
 exist to ease the support of ancient platforms. No new users should be
-added.
+added. Same goes for the \*_simple() functions when their use results
+in the legacy behaviour.
 
 The legacy map assumes a contiguous range of IRQ numbers has already
 been allocated for the controller and that the IRQ number can be
-- 
2.30.2