Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the vhost tree with Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 12:28:06 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the vhost tree got a conflict in:

  fs/eventfd.c

between commit:

  b542e383d8c0 ("eventfd: Make signal recursion protection a task bit")

from Linus' tree and commit:

  0afdb2abbff3 ("eventfd: Export eventfd_wake_count to modules")

from the vhost tree.

I fixed it up (I removed eventfd_wake_count as I could not see any added
use for it) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as
far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be
mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for
merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer
of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell