Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the usb tree with the qcom tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 12:30:32 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the usb tree got a conflict in:

  arch/arm64/boot/dts/qcom/ipq6018.dtsi

between commit:

  261e8a95d9aa ("arm64: dts: qcom: ipq6018: add usb3 DT description")

from the qcom tree and commit:

  9da2c3f76164 ("arm64: qcom: ipq6018: add usb3 DT description")

from the usb tree.

Same author, same date, but the former has this committer comment:

bjorn: Changed dwc3 node name to usb, per binding

So I used that version.

I fixed it up (see above) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell