Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the staging tree with the staging.current tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 12:45:30 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the staging tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/staging/r8188eu/os_dep/ioctl_linux.c

between commit:

  aa3233ea7bdb ("staging: r8188eu: fix -Wrestrict warnings")

from the staging.current tree and commit:

  7bdedfef085b ("staging: r8188eu: Remove mp, a.k.a. manufacturing process, code")

from the staging tree.

I fixed it up (the latter removed the code updated by the former, so I
did that) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as
linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned
to your upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.
You may also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the
conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell