Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the sound-asoc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 15:35:08 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the sound-asoc tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
allyesconfig) failed like this:

ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_coeff_put':
wm_adsp.c:(.text.wm_coeff_put+0x54): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_coeff_write_ctrl'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_adsp_write_ctl':
(.text.wm_adsp_write_ctl+0x60): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_get_ctl'
ld: (.text.wm_adsp_write_ctl+0xb4): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_coeff_write_ctrl'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_adsp_read_ctl':
(.text.wm_adsp_read_ctl+0x50): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_get_ctl'
ld: (.text.wm_adsp_read_ctl+0xbc): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_coeff_read_ctrl'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_coeff_get':
wm_adsp.c:(.text.wm_coeff_get+0x54): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_coeff_read_ctrl'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_coeff_tlv_get':
wm_adsp.c:(.text.wm_coeff_tlv_get+0x60): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_coeff_read_ctrl'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_coeff_put_acked':
wm_adsp.c:(.text.wm_coeff_put_acked+0xa4): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_coeff_write_acked_control'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_adsp1_init':
(.text.wm_adsp1_init+0x38): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_adsp1_init'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_adsp2_set_dspclk':
(.text.wm_adsp2_set_dspclk+0x44): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_set_dspclk'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_adsp_early_event':
(.text.wm_adsp_early_event+0xac): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_power_down'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_adsp_event':
(.text.wm_adsp_event+0x88): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_run'
ld: (.text.wm_adsp_event+0xb0): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_stop'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_adsp2_component_probe':
(.text.wm_adsp2_component_probe+0x6c): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_init_debugfs'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_adsp2_component_remove':
(.text.wm_adsp2_component_remove+0x24): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_cleanup_debugfs'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_adsp2_init':
(.text.wm_adsp2_init+0xa8): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_adsp2_init'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_halo_init':
(.text.wm_halo_init+0xa8): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_halo_init'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_adsp2_remove':
(.text.wm_adsp2_remove+0x24): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_remove'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_adsp2_bus_error':
(.text.wm_adsp2_bus_error+0x24): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_adsp2_bus_error'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_halo_bus_error':
(.text.wm_halo_bus_error+0x24): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_halo_bus_error'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_halo_wdt_expire':
(.text.wm_halo_wdt_expire+0x24): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_halo_wdt_expire'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_adsp1_event':
(.text.wm_adsp1_event+0x168): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_adsp1_power_up'
ld: (.text.wm_adsp1_event+0x210): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_adsp1_power_down'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_adsp_control_add':
wm_adsp.c:(.text.wm_adsp_control_add+0x70): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_mem_region_name'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_adsp_buffer_capture_block':
wm_adsp.c:(.text.wm_adsp_buffer_capture_block+0x248): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_read_raw_data_block'
ld: wm_adsp.c:(.text.wm_adsp_buffer_capture_block+0x27c): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_remove_padding'
ld: wm_adsp.c:(.text.wm_adsp_buffer_capture_block+0x344): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_write_data_word'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_adsp_boot_work':
wm_adsp.c:(.text.wm_adsp_boot_work+0x108): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_power_up'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_adsp_buffer_populate':
wm_adsp.c:(.text.wm_adsp_buffer_populate+0x1ac): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_read_data_word'
ld: wm_adsp.c:(.text.wm_adsp_buffer_populate+0x1fc): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_read_data_word'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_adsp_buffer_parse_coeff':
wm_adsp.c:(.text.wm_adsp_buffer_parse_coeff+0x58): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_coeff_read_ctrl'
ld: wm_adsp.c:(.text.wm_adsp_buffer_parse_coeff+0x2b0): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_remove_padding'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_adsp_buffer_parse_legacy':
wm_adsp.c:(.text.wm_adsp_buffer_parse_legacy+0x48): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_find_alg_region'
ld: wm_adsp.c:(.text.wm_adsp_buffer_parse_legacy+0xc4): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_read_data_word'
ld: wm_adsp.c:(.text.wm_adsp_buffer_parse_legacy+0x150): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_read_data_word'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_adsp_buffer_get_error':
wm_adsp.c:(.text.wm_adsp_buffer_get_error+0x44): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_read_data_word'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_adsp_compr_trigger':
(.text.wm_adsp_compr_trigger+0x370): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_write_data_word'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_adsp_buffer_update_avail':
wm_adsp.c:(.text.wm_adsp_buffer_update_avail+0x70): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_read_data_word'
ld: wm_adsp.c:(.text.wm_adsp_buffer_update_avail+0x16c): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_read_data_word'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_adsp_compr_handle_irq':
(.text.wm_adsp_compr_handle_irq+0x140): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_read_data_word'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_adsp_compr_pointer':
(.text.wm_adsp_compr_pointer+0x3d8): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_write_data_word'
ld: sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.o: in function `.wm_coeff_tlv_put':
wm_adsp.c:(.text.wm_coeff_tlv_put+0x100): undefined reference to `.cs_dsp_coeff_write_ctrl'

Caused by commit

  f6bc909e7673 ("firmware: cs_dsp: add driver to support firmware loading on Cirrus Logic DSPs")

I have reverted that commit for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell