Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the tegra tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 10:39:52 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the tegra tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

In file included from arch/x86/include/asm/bug.h:84,
                 from include/linux/bug.h:5,
                 from arch/x86/include/asm/paravirt.h:15,
                 from arch/x86/include/asm/irqflags.h:63,
                 from include/linux/irqflags.h:16,
                 from include/linux/rcupdate.h:26,
                 from include/linux/rculist.h:11,
                 from include/linux/pid.h:5,
                 from include/linux/sched.h:14,
                 from include/linux/ratelimit.h:6,
                 from include/linux/dev_printk.h:16,
                 from include/linux/device.h:15,
                 from include/linux/of_reserved_mem.h:5,
                 from drivers/memory/tegra/tegra210-emc-table.c:6:
include/linux/clk/tegra.h: In function 'tegra_cpu_rail_off_ready':
include/linux/clk/tegra.h:112:15: error: 'tegra_cpu_car_ops' undeclared (first use in this function)
  112 |  if (WARN_ON(!tegra_cpu_car_ops->rail_off_ready))
      |               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/asm-generic/bug.h:121:25: note: in definition of macro 'WARN_ON'
  121 |  int __ret_warn_on = !!(condition);    \
      |                         ^~~~~~~~~
include/linux/clk/tegra.h:112:15: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
  112 |  if (WARN_ON(!tegra_cpu_car_ops->rail_off_ready))
      |               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/asm-generic/bug.h:121:25: note: in definition of macro 'WARN_ON'
  121 |  int __ret_warn_on = !!(condition);    \
      |                         ^~~~~~~~~
include/linux/clk/tegra.h: In function 'tegra_cpu_clock_suspend':
include/linux/clk/tegra.h:120:15: error: 'tegra_cpu_car_ops' undeclared (first use in this function)
  120 |  if (WARN_ON(!tegra_cpu_car_ops->suspend))
      |               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/asm-generic/bug.h:121:25: note: in definition of macro 'WARN_ON'
  121 |  int __ret_warn_on = !!(condition);    \
      |                         ^~~~~~~~~
include/linux/clk/tegra.h: In function 'tegra_cpu_clock_resume':
include/linux/clk/tegra.h:128:15: error: 'tegra_cpu_car_ops' undeclared (first use in this function)
  128 |  if (WARN_ON(!tegra_cpu_car_ops->resume))
      |               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/asm-generic/bug.h:121:25: note: in definition of macro 'WARN_ON'
  121 |  int __ret_warn_on = !!(condition);    \
      |                         ^~~~~~~~~
In file included from arch/x86/include/asm/bug.h:84,
                 from include/linux/bug.h:5,
                 from include/linux/cpumask.h:14,
                 from arch/x86/include/asm/cpumask.h:5,
                 from arch/x86/include/asm/msr.h:11,
                 from arch/x86/include/asm/processor.h:22,
                 from arch/x86/include/asm/timex.h:5,
                 from include/linux/timex.h:65,
                 from include/linux/time32.h:13,
                 from include/linux/time.h:60,
                 from include/linux/stat.h:19,
                 from include/linux/module.h:13,
                 from drivers/media/cec/platform/tegra/tegra_cec.c:14:
include/linux/clk/tegra.h: In function 'tegra_cpu_rail_off_ready':
include/linux/clk/tegra.h:112:15: error: 'tegra_cpu_car_ops' undeclared (first use in this function)
  112 |  if (WARN_ON(!tegra_cpu_car_ops->rail_off_ready))
      |               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/asm-generic/bug.h:121:25: note: in definition of macro 'WARN_ON'
  121 |  int __ret_warn_on = !!(condition);    \
      |                         ^~~~~~~~~
include/linux/clk/tegra.h:112:15: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
  112 |  if (WARN_ON(!tegra_cpu_car_ops->rail_off_ready))
      |               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/asm-generic/bug.h:121:25: note: in definition of macro 'WARN_ON'
  121 |  int __ret_warn_on = !!(condition);    \
      |                         ^~~~~~~~~
include/linux/clk/tegra.h: In function 'tegra_cpu_clock_suspend':
include/linux/clk/tegra.h:120:15: error: 'tegra_cpu_car_ops' undeclared (first use in this function)
  120 |  if (WARN_ON(!tegra_cpu_car_ops->suspend))
      |               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/asm-generic/bug.h:121:25: note: in definition of macro 'WARN_ON'
  121 |  int __ret_warn_on = !!(condition);    \
      |                         ^~~~~~~~~
include/linux/clk/tegra.h: In function 'tegra_cpu_clock_resume':
include/linux/clk/tegra.h:128:15: error: 'tegra_cpu_car_ops' undeclared (first use in this function)
  128 |  if (WARN_ON(!tegra_cpu_car_ops->resume))
      |               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/asm-generic/bug.h:121:25: note: in definition of macro 'WARN_ON'
  121 |  int __ret_warn_on = !!(condition);    \
      |                         ^~~~~~~~~

Presumably caused by commit

  bbe30ae68d14 ("cpuidle: tegra: Enable compile testing")

I have used the tegra tree from next-20211001 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell