Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the net-next tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 11:56:37 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the net-next tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

drivers/net/ethernet/ibm/ehea/ehea_main.c: In function 'ehea_setup_single_port':
drivers/net/ethernet/ibm/ehea/ehea_main.c:2989:23: error: passing argument 2 of 'eth_hw_addr_set' from incompatible pointer type [-Werror=incompatible-pointer-types]
 2989 |  eth_hw_addr_set(dev, &port->mac_addr);
      |                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |                       |
      |                       u64 * {aka long long unsigned int *}
In file included from include/linux/if_vlan.h:11,
                 from include/linux/filter.h:19,
                 from include/net/sock.h:59,
                 from include/linux/tcp.h:19,
                 from drivers/net/ethernet/ibm/ehea/ehea_main.c:20:
include/linux/etherdevice.h:309:70: note: expected 'const u8 *' {aka 'const unsigned char *'} but argument is of type 'u64 *' {aka 'long long unsigned int *'}
  309 | static inline void eth_hw_addr_set(struct net_device *dev, const u8 *addr)
      |                                                            ~~~~~~~~~~^~~~
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors

Caused by commit

  a96d317fb1a3 ("ethernet: use eth_hw_addr_set()")

I have used the net-next tree from next-20211001 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell