Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the drm-msm tree with the drm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 13:10:32 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the drm-msm tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_gem_submit.c

between commit:

  0e10e9a1db23 ("drm/sched: drop entity parameter from drm_sched_push_job")

from the drm tree and commit:

  68002469e571 ("drm/msm: One sched entity per process per priority")

from the drm-msm tree.

The conflict was this:

        /* The scheduler owns a ref now: */
        msm_gem_submit_get(submit);

<<<<<<< HEAD
        drm_sched_entity_push_job(&submit->base);
======= 
        drm_sched_entity_push_job(&submit->base, queue->entity);
>>>>>>> drm-msm/msm-next

        args->fence = submit->fence_id;

I fixed it up (I just used the HEAD version) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell