Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the tip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 13:58:26 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the tip tree, today's linux-next build (native perf)
failed like this:

In file included from util/intel-pt-decoder/../../../arch/x86/lib/insn.c:16,
                 from util/intel-pt-decoder/intel-pt-insn-decoder.c:15:
util/intel-pt-decoder/../../../arch/x86/lib/insn.c: In function '__insn_get_emulate_prefix':
tools/include/../include/asm-generic/unaligned.h:10:15: error: packed attribute is unnecessary [-Werror=packed]
   10 |  const struct { type x; } __packed *__pptr = (typeof(__pptr))(ptr); \
      |               ^
tools/include/../include/asm-generic/unaligned.h:19:28: note: in expansion of macro '__get_unaligned_t'
   19 | #define get_unaligned(ptr) __get_unaligned_t(typeof(*(ptr)), (ptr))
      |                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
util/intel-pt-decoder/../../../arch/x86/lib/insn.c:44:11: note: in expansion of macro 'get_unaligned'
   44 |  ({ t r = get_unaligned((t *)(insn)->next_byte + n); leXX_to_cpu(t, r); })
      |           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
util/intel-pt-decoder/../../../arch/x86/lib/insn.c:50:61: note: in expansion of macro '__peek_nbyte_next'
   50 |  ({ if (unlikely(!validate_next(t, insn, n))) goto err_out; __peek_nbyte_next(t, insn, n); })
      |                                                             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
util/intel-pt-decoder/../../../arch/x86/lib/insn.c:91:7: note: in expansion of macro 'peek_nbyte_next'
   91 |   if (peek_nbyte_next(insn_byte_t, insn, i) != prefix[i])
      |       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and many similar ...

Caused by commit

  a1be25a30cf6 ("x86/insn: Use get_unaligned() instead of memcpy()")

"native" here is ppc64le.  gcc (Debian 10.3.0-11) 10.3.0

I have used the tip tree from next-20211005 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell