Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the rust tree with the kbuild tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 16:46:52 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the rust tree got a conflict in:

  scripts/kconfig/confdata.c

between several commits, including

  2836b7a7bd05 ("[for -next only] kconfig: generate include/generated/rustc_cfg")

from the kbuild tree and commit:

  dc08d49444e9 ("Kbuild: add Rust support")

from the rust tree.

I fixed it up (as per Masahiro Yamada's suggestion, I used the version
from the kbuild tree) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now
fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts
should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree is
submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating with
the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell