Subject: linux-next: build warnings in Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2021 16:47:28 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the origin tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
allyesconfig) produced these warnings (along with many others):

arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc5200b.dtsi:267.20-280.4: Warning (pci_bridge): /pci@f0000d00: missing ranges for PCI bridge (or not a bridge)
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc5200b.dtsi:267.20-280.4: Warning (pci_bridge): /pci@f0000d00: missing ranges for PCI bridge (or not a bridge)
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc5200b.dtsi:267.20-280.4: Warning (pci_bridge): /pci@f0000d00: missing ranges for PCI bridge (or not a bridge)
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc5200b.dtsi:267.20-280.4: Warning (pci_bridge): /pci@f0000d00: missing ranges for PCI bridge (or not a bridge)
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc5200b.dtsi:182.18-186.5: Warning (spi_bus_bridge): /soc5200@f0000000/psc@2000: node name for SPI buses should be 'spi'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc5200b.dtsi:267.20-280.4: Warning (pci_bridge): /pci@f0000d00: missing ranges for PCI bridge (or not a bridge)
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc5200b.dtsi:182.18-186.5: Warning (spi_bus_bridge): /soc5200@f0000000/psc@2000: node name for SPI buses should be 'spi'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc5200b.dtsi:267.20-280.4: Warning (pci_bridge): /pci@f0000d00: missing ranges for PCI bridge (or not a bridge)
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc5200b.dtsi:182.18-186.5: Warning (spi_bus_bridge): /soc5200@f0000000/psc@2000: node name for SPI buses should be 'spi'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc5200b.dtsi:267.20-280.4: Warning (pci_bridge): /pci@f0000d00: missing ranges for PCI bridge (or not a bridge)
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc5200b.dtsi:182.18-186.5: Warning (spi_bus_bridge): /soc5200@f0000000/psc@2000: node name for SPI buses should be 'spi'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc5200b.dtsi:267.20-280.4: Warning (pci_bridge): /pci@f0000d00: missing ranges for PCI bridge (or not a bridge)
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc5200b.dtsi:182.18-186.5: Warning (spi_bus_bridge): /soc5200@f0000000/psc@2000: node name for SPI buses should be 'spi'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc5200b.dtsi:267.20-280.4: Warning (pci_bridge): /pci@f0000d00: missing ranges for PCI bridge (or not a bridge)
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc5200b.dtsi:182.18-186.5: Warning (spi_bus_bridge): /soc5200@f0000000/psc@2000: node name for SPI buses should be 'spi'
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc5200b.dtsi:267.20-280.4: Warning (pci_bridge): /pci@f0000d00: missing ranges for PCI bridge (or not a bridge)

Given that arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc5200b.dtsi is oncluded by several
other dts files, fixing this one file would go quite a long way to
silencing our allyesoncig build.  Unfotunatley, I have no idea how to
fix this file (ad maybe some fo the interactions it has with other files).

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell