Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the kvm tree with the tip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 13:39:31 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the kvm tree got a conflict in:

  arch/x86/kvm/x86.c

between commit:

  126fe0401883 ("x86/fpu: Cleanup xstate xcomp_bv initialization")

from the tip tree and commits:

  5ebbc470d7f3 ("KVM: x86: Remove defunct setting of CR0.ET for guests during vCPU create")
  e8f65b9bb483 ("KVM: x86: Remove defunct setting of XCR0 for guest during vCPU create")
  583d369b36a9 ("KVM: x86: Fold fx_init() into kvm_arch_vcpu_create()")

from the kvm tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc arch/x86/kvm/x86.c
index 04350680b649,3ea4f6ef2474..000000000000
--- a/arch/x86/kvm/x86.c
+++ b/arch/x86/kvm/x86.c
@@@ -10615,10 -10687,10 +10590,9 @@@ int kvm_arch_vcpu_create(struct kvm_vcp
  		pr_err("kvm: failed to allocate vcpu's fpu\n");
  		goto free_user_fpu;
  	}
 -	fpstate_init(&vcpu->arch.guest_fpu->state);
 -	if (boot_cpu_has(X86_FEATURE_XSAVES))
 -		vcpu->arch.guest_fpu->state.xsave.header.xcomp_bv =
 -			host_xcr0 | XSTATE_COMPACTION_ENABLED;
 +
 +	fpu_init_fpstate_user(vcpu->arch.user_fpu);
 +	fpu_init_fpstate_user(vcpu->arch.guest_fpu);
- 	fx_init(vcpu);
  
  	vcpu->arch.maxphyaddr = cpuid_query_maxphyaddr(vcpu);
  	vcpu->arch.reserved_gpa_bits = kvm_vcpu_reserved_gpa_bits_raw(vcpu);