Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the audit tree with the powerpc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 13:31:47 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the audit tree got conflicts in:

  arch/powerpc/kernel/audit.c
  arch/powerpc/kernel/compat_audit.c

between commit:

  566af8cda399 ("powerpc/audit: Convert powerpc to AUDIT_ARCH_COMPAT_GENERIC")

from the powerpc tree and commits:

  42f355ef59a2 ("audit: replace magic audit syscall class numbers with macros")
  1c30e3af8a79 ("audit: add support for the openat2 syscall")

from the audit tree.

I fixed it up (I just removed the files like the former commit) and can
carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is
concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may
also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell