Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the akpm-current tree with the s390 tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 20:21:49 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the akpm-current tree got a conflict in:

  arch/s390/kernel/setup.c

between commit:

  e035389b73b1 ("s390/setup: use virtual address for STSI instruction")

from the s390 tree and commits:

  0d52db59796e ("memblock: rename memblock_free to memblock_phys_free")
  13ab40b0e60e ("memblock: use memblock_free for freeing virtual pointers")

from the akpm-current tree.

I fixed it up (thanks, Vasily for the heads up and resolution) and can
carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is
concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may
also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the
conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc arch/s390/kernel/setup.c
index e738a45057ac,8a378d426239..000000000000
--- a/arch/s390/kernel/setup.c
+++ b/arch/s390/kernel/setup.c
@@@ -878,12 -884,14 +879,12 @@@ static void __init setup_randomness(voi
  {
  	struct sysinfo_3_2_2 *vmms;
  
 -	vmms = (struct sysinfo_3_2_2 *) memblock_phys_alloc(PAGE_SIZE,
 -							    PAGE_SIZE);
 +	vmms = memblock_alloc(PAGE_SIZE, PAGE_SIZE);
  	if (!vmms)
  		panic("Failed to allocate memory for sysinfo structure\n");
 -
  	if (stsi(vmms, 3, 2, 2) == 0 && vmms->count)
  		add_device_randomness(&vmms->vm, sizeof(vmms->vm[0]) * vmms->count);
- 	memblock_free_ptr(vmms, PAGE_SIZE);
 -	memblock_phys_free((unsigned long)vmms, PAGE_SIZE);
++	memblock_free(vmms, PAGE_SIZE);
  }
  
  /*