Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the drm-misc tree with Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 13:48:02 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the drm-misc tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/gpu/drm/kmb/kmb_drv.c

between commit:

  c026565fe9be ("drm/kmb: Enable alpha blended second plane")

from Linus' tree and commit:

  099afadc533f ("drm/kmb: Enable support for framebuffer console")

from the drm-misc tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc drivers/gpu/drm/kmb/kmb_drv.c
index 961ac6fb5fcf,7e1fda9f9a3d..000000000000
--- a/drivers/gpu/drm/kmb/kmb_drv.c
+++ b/drivers/gpu/drm/kmb/kmb_drv.c
@@@ -172,10 -173,11 +173,11 @@@ static int kmb_setup_mode_config(struc
  	ret = drmm_mode_config_init(drm);
  	if (ret)
  		return ret;
 -	drm->mode_config.min_width = KMB_MIN_WIDTH;
 -	drm->mode_config.min_height = KMB_MIN_HEIGHT;
 -	drm->mode_config.max_width = KMB_MAX_WIDTH;
 -	drm->mode_config.max_height = KMB_MAX_HEIGHT;
 +	drm->mode_config.min_width = KMB_FB_MIN_WIDTH;
 +	drm->mode_config.min_height = KMB_FB_MIN_HEIGHT;
 +	drm->mode_config.max_width = KMB_FB_MAX_WIDTH;
 +	drm->mode_config.max_height = KMB_FB_MAX_HEIGHT;
+ 	drm->mode_config.preferred_depth = 24;
  	drm->mode_config.funcs = &kmb_mode_config_funcs;
  
  	ret = kmb_setup_crtc(drm);