Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the tip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 14:52:01 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the tip tree, today's linux-next build (sparc defconfig)
failed like this:

In file included from arch/sparc/include/asm/futex_32.h:4:0,
                 from arch/sparc/include/asm/futex.h:7,
                 from kernel/futex/futex.h:12,
                 from kernel/futex/core.c:41:
kernel/futex/core.c: In function 'futex_cmpxchg_value_locked':
include/asm-generic/futex.h:17:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'futex_atomic_cmpxchg_inatomic_local_generic'; did you mean 'futex_atomic_cmpxchg_inatomic_local'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  futex_atomic_cmpxchg_inatomic_local_generic(uval, uaddr, oldval, newval)
  ^
include/asm-generic/futex.h:17:2: note: in definition of macro 'futex_atomic_cmpxchg_inatomic'
  futex_atomic_cmpxchg_inatomic_local_generic(uval, uaddr, oldval, newval)
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  3f2bedabb62c ("futex: Ensure futex_atomic_cmpxchg_inatomic() is present")

Gcc version (if it matters):
sparc64-linux-gcc (Custom f51944395b6aa154) 7.3.1 20180130

I have reverted that commit for today (and the following one).

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell