Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the char-misc tree with the char-misc.current tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 14:49:01 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the char-misc tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/misc/eeprom/at25.c

between commit:

  9a626577398c ("nvmem: eeprom: at25: fix FRAM byte_len")

from the char-misc.current tree and commits:

  5b557298d7d0 ("misc: at25: Make driver OF independent again")
  a692fc39bf90 ("misc: at25: Don't copy garbage to the at25->chip in FRAM case")
  58589a75bba9 ("misc: at25: Check proper value of chip length in FRAM case")
  51902c1212fe ("misc: at25: Use at25->chip instead of local chip everywhere in ->probe()")
(and probably more)

from the char-misc tree.

I fixed it up (I just used the latter version) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell