Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the rust tree with the kbuild tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 16:13:26 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the rust tree got a conflict in:

  scripts/kconfig/confdata.c

between commit:

  373c0a890520 ("[for -next only] kconfig: generate include/generated/rustc_cfg")

from the kbuild tree and commit:

  62cb43b76df3 ("Kbuild: add Rust support")

from the rust tree.

I fixed it up (I basically used the latter version) and can carry the
fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned,
but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream
maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want
to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to
minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

Masahiro, you probably don't need that kbuild tree patch any more since
the rust tree has been rebased onto v5.16-rc3.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell