Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the kvm tree with the tip tree

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 17:46:28 +0000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the kvm tree got a conflict in:

  arch/arm64/kvm/Makefile

between commit:

  17ed14eba22b3 ("KVM: arm64: Drop perf.c and fold its tiny bits of code into arm.c")

from the tip tree and commit:

  d8f6ef45a623d ("KVM: arm64: Use Makefile.kvm for common files")

from the kvm tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

diff --cc arch/arm64/kvm/Makefile
index 0bcc378b79615,04a53f71a6b63..0000000000000
--- a/arch/arm64/kvm/Makefile
+++ b/arch/arm64/kvm/Makefile
@@@ -10,9 -10,7 +10,7 @@@ include $(srctree)/virt/kvm/Makefile.kv
  obj-$(CONFIG_KVM) += kvm.o
  obj-$(CONFIG_KVM) += hyp/
  
- kvm-y := $(KVM)/kvm_main.o $(KVM)/coalesced_mmio.o $(KVM)/eventfd.o \
- 	 $(KVM)/vfio.o $(KVM)/irqchip.o $(KVM)/binary_stats.o \
- 	 arm.o mmu.o mmio.o psci.o hypercalls.o pvtime.o \
 -kvm-y += arm.o mmu.o mmio.o psci.o perf.o hypercalls.o pvtime.o \
++kvm-y := arm.o mmu.o mmio.o psci.o hypercalls.o pvtime.o \
  	 inject_fault.o va_layout.o handle_exit.o \
  	 guest.o debug.o reset.o sys_regs.o \
  	 vgic-sys-reg-v3.o fpsimd.o pmu.o \