Subject: linux-next: Tree for Dec 14

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 22:32:22 +0000

Hi all,

News: Releases may or may not happen over the next few days since I'm
getting a vacciene dose tomorrow.

Changes since 20211213:

The drm-intel tree gained a conflict with the drm-intel-fixes tree.

The dmaengine tree gained a conflict with the dmaengine-fixes tree.

Non-merge commits (relative to Linus' tree): 6251
 6873 files changed, 291130 insertions(+), 138903 deletions(-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have created today's linux-next tree at
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git
(patches at http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/next/ ).  If you
are tracking the linux-next tree using git, you should not use "git pull"
to do so as that will try to merge the new linux-next release with the
old one.  You should use "git fetch" and checkout or reset to the new
master.

You can see which trees have been included by looking in the Next/Trees
file in the source.  There are also quilt-import.log and merge.log
files in the Next directory.  Between each merge, the tree was built
with a defconfig for arm64, an allmodconfig for x86_64, a
multi_v7_defconfig for arm and a native build of tools/perf. After the
final fixups (if any), I do an x86_64 modules_install followed by builds
for x86_64 allnoconfig, arm64 allnoconfig, arm64 allyesconfig and i386,
and arm64 and htmldocs.

Below is a summary of the state of the merge.

I am currently merging 346 trees (counting Linus' and 94 trees of bug
fix patches pending for the current merge release).

Stats about the size of the tree over time can be seen at
http://neuling.org/linux-next-size.html .

Status of my local build tests will be at
http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/linux-next .  If maintainers want to give
advice about cross compilers/configs that work, we are always open to add
more builds.

Thanks to Randy Dunlap for doing many randconfig builds.  And to Paul
Gortmaker for triage and bug fixes.