Subject: linux-next: build warnings after merge of the imx-mxs tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 10:53:38 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the imx-mxs tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) produced this warning:

arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-phytec-mira-peb-wlbt-05.dtsi:50.3-13: Warning (reg_format): /soc/bus@2100000/mmc@2198000/wifi@1:reg: property has invalid length (4 bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6dl-phytec-mira-rdk-nand.dtb: Warning (pci_device_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6dl-phytec-mira-rdk-nand.dtb: Warning (pci_device_bus_num): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6dl-phytec-mira-rdk-nand.dtb: Warning (i2c_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6dl-phytec-mira-rdk-nand.dtb: Warning (spi_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-phytec-mira-peb-wlbt-05.dtsi:48.16-51.4: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/bus@2100000/mmc@2198000/wifi@1: Relying on default #address-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-phytec-mira-peb-wlbt-05.dtsi:48.16-51.4: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/bus@2100000/mmc@2198000/wifi@1: Relying on default #size-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-phytec-mira-peb-wlbt-05.dtsi:50.3-13: Warning (reg_format): /soc/bus@2100000/mmc@2198000/wifi@1:reg: property has invalid length (4 bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6q-phytec-mira-rdk-emmc.dtb: Warning (pci_device_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6q-phytec-mira-rdk-emmc.dtb: Warning (pci_device_bus_num): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6q-phytec-mira-rdk-emmc.dtb: Warning (i2c_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6q-phytec-mira-rdk-emmc.dtb: Warning (spi_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-phytec-mira-peb-wlbt-05.dtsi:48.16-51.4: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/bus@2100000/mmc@2198000/wifi@1: Relying on default #address-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-phytec-mira-peb-wlbt-05.dtsi:48.16-51.4: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/bus@2100000/mmc@2198000/wifi@1: Relying on default #size-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-phytec-mira-peb-wlbt-05.dtsi:50.3-13: Warning (reg_format): /soc/bus@2100000/mmc@2198000/wifi@1:reg: property has invalid length (4 bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6q-phytec-mira-rdk-nand.dtb: Warning (pci_device_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6q-phytec-mira-rdk-nand.dtb: Warning (pci_device_bus_num): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6q-phytec-mira-rdk-nand.dtb: Warning (i2c_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6q-phytec-mira-rdk-nand.dtb: Warning (spi_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-phytec-mira-peb-wlbt-05.dtsi:48.16-51.4: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/bus@2100000/mmc@2198000/wifi@1: Relying on default #address-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-phytec-mira-peb-wlbt-05.dtsi:48.16-51.4: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/bus@2100000/mmc@2198000/wifi@1: Relying on default #size-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-phytec-mira-peb-wlbt-05.dtsi:50.3-13: Warning (reg_format): /soc/bus@2100000/mmc@2198000/wifi@1:reg: property has invalid length (4 bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qp-phytec-mira-rdk-nand.dtb: Warning (pci_device_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qp-phytec-mira-rdk-nand.dtb: Warning (pci_device_bus_num): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qp-phytec-mira-rdk-nand.dtb: Warning (i2c_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qp-phytec-mira-rdk-nand.dtb: Warning (spi_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-phytec-mira-peb-wlbt-05.dtsi:48.16-51.4: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/bus@2100000/mmc@2198000/wifi@1: Relying on default #address-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-phytec-mira-peb-wlbt-05.dtsi:48.16-51.4: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/bus@2100000/mmc@2198000/wifi@1: Relying on default #size-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ul-phytec-segin-peb-wlbt-05.dtsi:86.3-13: Warning (reg_format): /soc/bus@2100000/mmc@2194000/wifi@1:reg: property has invalid length (4 bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ul-phytec-segin-ff-rdk-nand.dtb: Warning (pci_device_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ul-phytec-segin-ff-rdk-nand.dtb: Warning (pci_device_bus_num): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ul-phytec-segin-ff-rdk-nand.dtb: Warning (i2c_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ul-phytec-segin-ff-rdk-nand.dtb: Warning (spi_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ul-phytec-segin-peb-wlbt-05.dtsi:84.16-87.4: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/bus@2100000/mmc@2194000/wifi@1: Relying on default #address-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ul-phytec-segin-peb-wlbt-05.dtsi:84.16-87.4: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/bus@2100000/mmc@2194000/wifi@1: Relying on default #size-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ul-phytec-segin-peb-wlbt-05.dtsi:86.3-13: Warning (reg_format): /soc/bus@2100000/mmc@2194000/wifi@1:reg: property has invalid length (4 bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ull-phytec-segin-lc-rdk-nand.dtb: Warning (pci_device_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ull-phytec-segin-lc-rdk-nand.dtb: Warning (pci_device_bus_num): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ull-phytec-segin-lc-rdk-nand.dtb: Warning (i2c_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ull-phytec-segin-lc-rdk-nand.dtb: Warning (spi_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ul-phytec-segin-peb-wlbt-05.dtsi:84.16-87.4: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/bus@2100000/mmc@2194000/wifi@1: Relying on default #address-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ul-phytec-segin-peb-wlbt-05.dtsi:84.16-87.4: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/bus@2100000/mmc@2194000/wifi@1: Relying on default #size-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ul-phytec-segin-peb-wlbt-05.dtsi:86.3-13: Warning (reg_format): /soc/bus@2100000/mmc@2194000/wifi@1:reg: property has invalid length (4 bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ull-phytec-segin-ff-rdk-nand.dtb: Warning (pci_device_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ull-phytec-segin-ff-rdk-nand.dtb: Warning (pci_device_bus_num): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ull-phytec-segin-ff-rdk-nand.dtb: Warning (i2c_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ull-phytec-segin-ff-rdk-nand.dtb: Warning (spi_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ul-phytec-segin-peb-wlbt-05.dtsi:84.16-87.4: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/bus@2100000/mmc@2194000/wifi@1: Relying on default #address-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ul-phytec-segin-peb-wlbt-05.dtsi:84.16-87.4: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/bus@2100000/mmc@2194000/wifi@1: Relying on default #size-cells value

Presumably introduced by commit

  0c3a5101ba31 ("ARM: dts: imx6: phytec: Add PEB-WLBT-05 support")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell