Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the perf tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 17:16:59 +1100

Hi Arnaldo,

On Tue, 11 Jan 2022 19:01:23 -0300 Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Yeah, this patch shouldn't have been merged thru the perf _tools_ tree,
> my bad, it should have gone thru Michael PPC kernel tree.
> 
> It was a single series mixing up tools/ with kernel bits, I thought I
> had picked just the tools part but made a mistake.
> 
> This should get resolved when the rest of the kernel bits go via
> Michael's powerpc tree, right?

I just re merged the perf tree on top of the reste of linux-next and it
builds fine.  So I guess you need to wait until after the powerpc tree
has been merged before sending your pull request (or revert the
offending commit(s)).

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell