Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the ftrace tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 14:34:18 +1100

Hi Steve,

On Thu, 13 Jan 2022 22:25:39 -0500 Steven Rostedt <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I can't reproduce it, and doing searches on this error, seems that it
> happens "randomly". I haven't found what can cause it yet.

rats :-(

> I don't have a way to build nativly, but if you send me your config, I
> can still try to cross compile it to see if it triggers.

I just use ppc64_defconfig (which may vary depending on what is merged
into my tree at the time).  I don't save actual .config files, sorry.

So:

$ make ARCH=powerpc ppc64_defconfig

> Does it fail on anything else?

This is the first build I do after merging each tree, so I don't know
about others.  I may be able to do some testing later today (after
linux-next is released).

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell