Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the kspp tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 15:59:32 +1100

Hi Kees,

On Sun, 30 Jan 2022 20:04:00 -0800 Kees Cook <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> This should be fixed by:
> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-hardening/[email-masked]/
> (I was expecting this to be in netdev by now.)
> 
> This should be fixed in:
> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-hardening/[email-masked]/
> (Again, this was expected to be in netdev by now.)
> 

yeah, neither has made it yet.  However, it would not have helped as I
am merging the kspp tree very early so that new bugs get fixed in the
trees that introduce them.  These 2 are in Linus tree (for a long time)
and so it would be better if these fixes went int the net tree and then
Linus' tree as bug fixes.

I will use these in the merge of the kspp tree from tomorrow until they
appear earlier (or you could put them back in your tree).  Cross tree
dependencies are a pain :-(   BTW Linus would have the same problem I
am having if he merges your tree during the merge window before he
merges the net-next tree ...

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell