Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the driver-core tree with the battery tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 13:48:53 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the driver-core tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/power/supply/ab8500_chargalg.c

between commits:

  05906f58c822 ("power: supply: ab8500_chargalg: Drop charging step")
  75ee3f6f0c1a ("power: supply: ab8500_chargalg: Drop enable/disable sysfs")

from the battery tree and commit:

  a8e223094c7a ("power_supply: ab8500: use default_groups in kobj_type")

from the driver-core tree.

I fixed it up (the former removed the code modified by the latter, so
I just did that) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed
as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should
be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for
merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer
of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell