Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the modules tree

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 16:07:21 +0000

Hi all,

After merging the modules tree, today's linux-next build (KCONFIG_NAME)
failed like this:

In file included from /tmp/next/build/include/linux/build_bug.h:5,
                 from /tmp/next/build/include/linux/container_of.h:5,
                 from /tmp/next/build/include/linux/list.h:5,
                 from /tmp/next/build/include/linux/module.h:12,
                 from /tmp/next/build/kernel/module/strict_rwx.c:8:
/tmp/next/build/kernel/module/strict_rwx.c: In function 'frob_rodata':
/tmp/next/build/kernel/module/strict_rwx.c:16:10: error: implicit declaration of function 'PAGE_ALIGNED'; did you mean 'IS_ALIGNED'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
   16 |  BUG_ON(!PAGE_ALIGNED(layout->base));
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/next/build/include/linux/compiler.h:78:42: note: in definition of macro 'unlikely'
   78 | # define unlikely(x) __builtin_expect(!!(x), 0)
      |                                          ^
/tmp/next/build/kernel/module/strict_rwx.c:16:2: note: in expansion of macro 'BUG_ON'
   16 |  BUG_ON(!PAGE_ALIGNED(layout->base));
      |  ^~~~~~
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors

Caused by commit

  e5973a14d18 ("module: Move strict rwx support to a separate file")

I have used the -next tree from the 17th.