Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the pinctrl tree with the irqchip tree

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 22:32:16 +0000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the pinctrl tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/pinctrl/pinctrl-starfive.c

between commit:

  0d872ed9e2148 ("pinctrl: starfive: Move PM device over to irq domain")

from the irqchip tree and commit:

  64fd52a4d3ce6 ("pinctrl: starfive: Use a static name for the GPIO irq_chip")

from the pinctrl tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

diff --cc drivers/pinctrl/pinctrl-starfive.c
index 5be9866c2b3c0,0e4ff4c709f87..0000000000000
--- a/drivers/pinctrl/pinctrl-starfive.c
+++ b/drivers/pinctrl/pinctrl-starfive.c
@@@ -1307,8 -1308,8 +1308,6 @@@ static int starfive_probe(struct platfo
  	sfp->gc.base = -1;
  	sfp->gc.ngpio = NR_GPIOS;
  
- 	starfive_irq_chip.name = sfp->gc.label;
 -	starfive_irq_chip.parent_device = dev;
--
  	sfp->gc.irq.chip = &starfive_irq_chip;
  	sfp->gc.irq.parent_handler = starfive_gpio_irq_handler;
  	sfp->gc.irq.num_parents = 1;