Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the char-misc tree

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 20:40:55 +0000

Hi all,

After merging the char-misc tree, today's linux-next build (x86
allmodconfig) failed like this:

/tmp/next/build/drivers/mmc/host/rtsx_pci_sdmmc.c: In function 'sd_request':
/tmp/next/build/drivers/mmc/host/rtsx_pci_sdmmc.c:809:17: error: unused variable 'dev' [-Werror=unused-variable]
  809 |  struct device *dev = &host->pdev->dev;
      |                 ^~~
/tmp/next/build/drivers/mmc/host/rtsx_pci_sdmmc.c: In function 'sdmmc_set_ios':
/tmp/next/build/drivers/mmc/host/rtsx_pci_sdmmc.c:1084:17: error: unused variable 'dev' [-Werror=unused-variable]
 1084 |  struct device *dev = &host->pdev->dev;
      |                 ^~~
/tmp/next/build/drivers/mmc/host/rtsx_pci_sdmmc.c: In function 'sdmmc_get_ro':
/tmp/next/build/drivers/mmc/host/rtsx_pci_sdmmc.c:1133:17: error: unused variable 'dev' [-Werror=unused-variable]
 1133 |  struct device *dev = &host->pdev->dev;
      |                 ^~~
/tmp/next/build/drivers/mmc/host/rtsx_pci_sdmmc.c: In function 'sdmmc_get_cd':
/tmp/next/build/drivers/mmc/host/rtsx_pci_sdmmc.c:1159:17: error: unused variable 'dev' [-Werror=unused-variable]
 1159 |  struct device *dev = &host->pdev->dev;
      |                 ^~~
/tmp/next/build/drivers/mmc/host/rtsx_pci_sdmmc.c: In function 'sdmmc_switch_voltage':
/tmp/next/build/drivers/mmc/host/rtsx_pci_sdmmc.c:1258:17: error: unused variable 'dev' [-Werror=unused-variable]
 1258 |  struct device *dev = &host->pdev->dev;
      |                 ^~~
/tmp/next/build/drivers/mmc/host/rtsx_pci_sdmmc.c: In function 'sdmmc_execute_tuning':
/tmp/next/build/drivers/mmc/host/rtsx_pci_sdmmc.c:1311:17: error: unused variable 'dev' [-Werror=unused-variable]
 1311 |  struct device *dev = &host->pdev->dev;
      |                 ^~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

Caused by commit

  7570fb41e450ba37 ("mmc: rtsx: Let MMC core handle runtime PM")

I have used the char-misc tree from yesterday instead.