Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the kspp tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 09:27:30 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the kspp tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

drivers/gpu/drm/drm_dp_helper.c: In function 'drm_dp_pcon_dsc_bpp_incr':
drivers/gpu/drm/drm_dp_helper.c:3130:28: error: array subscript 12 is outside array bounds of 'const u8[12]' {aka 'const unsigned char[12]'} [-Werror=array-bounds]
 3130 |         buf = pcon_dsc_dpcd[DP_PCON_DSC_BPP_INCR - DP_PCON_DSC_ENCODER];
      |               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/gpu/drm/drm_dp_helper.c:3126:39: note: while referencing 'pcon_dsc_dpcd'
 3126 | int drm_dp_pcon_dsc_bpp_incr(const u8 pcon_dsc_dpcd[DP_PCON_DSC_ENCODER_CAP_SIZE])
      |                              ~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/gpu/drm/drm_dp_helper.c: In function 'drm_dp_get_adjust_request_post_cursor':
drivers/gpu/drm/drm_dp_helper.c:59:27: error: array subscript 10 is outside array bounds of 'const u8[6]' {aka 'const unsigned char[6]'} [-Werror=array-bounds]
   59 |         return link_status[r - DP_LANE0_1_STATUS];
      |                ~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/gpu/drm/drm_dp_helper.c:147:51: note: while referencing 'link_status'
  147 | u8 drm_dp_get_adjust_request_post_cursor(const u8 link_status[DP_LINK_STATUS_SIZE],
      |                                          ~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

I can't see what in the kspp tree suddenly brought this on, so I have
used the kspp tree from next-20220228 for today.

In case it matters: x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc (Debian 11.2.0-9) 11.2.0
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell