Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the kspp tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 21:10:29 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the kspp tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

In file included from include/linux/bitops.h:33,
                 from include/linux/kernel.h:22,
                 from drivers/platform/x86/thinkpad_acpi.c:37:
drivers/platform/x86/thinkpad_acpi.c: In function 'tpacpi_dytc_profile_init':
arch/x86/include/asm/bitops.h:207:22: error: array subscript 'long unsigned int[0]' is partly outside array bounds of 'int[1]' [-Werror=array-bounds]
  207 |                 (addr[nr >> _BITOPS_LONG_SHIFT])) != 0;
      |                 ~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/platform/x86/thinkpad_acpi.c:10385:18: note: while referencing 'output'
10385 |         int err, output;
      |                  ^~~~~~

Actually the test_bit() in line 10409.

Caused by commit

  e1c21608e3cf ("platform/x86: thinkpad_acpi: Add PSC mode support")

from the drivers-x86 tree interacting with the enablement of
-Werror=array-bounds.

I have reverted that commit for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell