Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the tip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 14:06:44 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the irqchip tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

arch/x86/kernel/cpuid.o: warning: objtool: file already has .orc_unwind section, skipping
make[3]: *** [/home/sfr/next/next/scripts/Makefile.modfinal:61: arch/x86/kernel/cpuid.ko] Error 255
arch/x86/kernel/msr.o: warning: objtool: file already has .orc_unwind section, skipping
make[3]: *** [/home/sfr/next/next/scripts/Makefile.modfinal:61: arch/x86/kernel/msr.ko] Error 255
arch/x86/events/intel/intel-uncore.o: warning: objtool: file already has .retpoline_sites, skipping
arch/x86/events/intel/intel-uncore.o: warning: objtool: file already has .ibt_endbr_seal, skipping
arch/x86/events/intel/intel-uncore.o: warning: objtool: file already has .orc_unwind section, skipping
make[3]: *** [/home/sfr/next/next/scripts/Makefile.modfinal:61: arch/x86/events/intel/intel-uncore.ko] Error 255

I couldn't see anything int the irqchip tree that would cause this,
so I deleted my object directory and redid the build and this time
it succeeded.

I suspect some change in the tip tree has brought this on (it is merged
just a bit before the irqchip tree).

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell