Subject: Re: linux-next: build warnings after merge of the tip tree

From: Steven Rostedt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 18:55:03 -0400

On Mon, 21 Mar 2022 15:50:17 -0700
Alexei Starovoitov <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Peter has other concerns, please read the thread and consider them.  
> 
> Masami is an expert in kprobe. He copy pasted a bit of kprobe logic
> to make it into 'multi kprobe' (he calls it fprobe).
> I believe he knows what he's doing.
> Steven reviewed and tested that set.
> We've tested it as well and don't have any correctness or api concerns.

I tested it from a ftrace perspective, not an IBT or other work being done
in the x86 world.

I'm fine with the work being done in kernel/tracing/ but it still requires
the arch maintainer's acks for anything in arch/. I was under the
impression that the arch specific code was Cc'ing the arch maintainers
(which I always do when I touch their code). But I missed that they were
not. That's my fault, I should have caught that.

-- Steve