Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the drm-misc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 11:10:10 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the drm-misc tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

In file included from include/drm/drm_gem.h:38,
                 from include/drm/ttm/ttm_bo_api.h:34,
                 from drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_deps.c:9:
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_deps.c: In function 'i915_deps_add_resv':
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_deps.c:229:46: error: implicit conversion from 'enum <anonymous>' to 'enum dma_resv_usage' [-Werror=enum-conversion]
  229 |         dma_resv_for_each_fence(&iter, resv, true, fence) {
      |                                              ^~~~
include/linux/dma-resv.h:297:47: note: in definition of macro 'dma_resv_for_each_fence'
  297 |         for (dma_resv_iter_begin(cursor, obj, usage),   \
      |                                               ^~~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

Caused by commit

  7bc80a5462c3 ("dma-buf: add enum dma_resv_usage v4")

I have used the drm-misc tree from next-20220407 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell