Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the bpf-next tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 11:56:20 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the bpf-next tree, today's linux-next build
(x86_64 allmodconfig) failed like this:

In file included from include/linux/compiler_types.h:73,
                 from <command-line>:
drivers/net/ethernet/intel/i40e/i40e_xsk.c: In function 'i40e_run_xdp_zc':
include/linux/compiler_attributes.h:222:41: error: attribute 'fallthrough' not preceding a case label or default label [-Werror]
  222 | # define fallthrough                    __attribute__((__fallthrough__))
      |                                         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/net/ethernet/intel/i40e/i40e_xsk.c:192:17: note: in expansion of macro 'fallthrough'
  192 |                 fallthrough; /* handle aborts by dropping packet */
      |                 ^~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
In file included from include/linux/compiler_types.h:73,
                 from <command-line>:
drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbe/ixgbe_xsk.c: In function 'ixgbe_run_xdp_zc':
include/linux/compiler_attributes.h:222:41: error: attribute 'fallthrough' not preceding a case label or default label [-Werror]
  222 | # define fallthrough                    __attribute__((__fallthrough__))
      |                                         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbe/ixgbe_xsk.c:147:17: note: in expansion of macro 'fallthrough'
  147 |                 fallthrough; /* handle aborts by dropping packet */
      |                 ^~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

Caused by commits

  b8aef650e549 ("i40e, xsk: Terminate Rx side of NAPI when XSK Rx queue gets full")
  c7dd09fd4628 ("ixgbe, xsk: Terminate Rx side of NAPI when XSK Rx queue gets full")

I have used the bpf-next tree from next-20220414 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell