Subject: Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the iio tree

From: Miquel Raynal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 10:07:19 +0200

Hello,

[email-masked] wrote on Thu, 28 Apr 2022 17:37:58 +1000:

> Hi all,
> 
> After merging the iio tree, today's linux-next build (htmldocs) produced
> this warning:
> 
> include/linux/iio/iio.h:319: warning: This comment starts with '/**', but isn't a kernel-doc comment. Refer Documentation/doc-guide/kernel-doc.rst
>  * Device operating modes
> 
> Introduced by commit
> 
>   831d87089ca8 ("iio: core: Clarify the modes")

Looks like there is no kdoc specific format for #define's
(Documentation/doc-guide/kernel-doc.rst), which is disappointing, I
really hoped this could be brought to the developer's attention this
way.

But that's not a big deal. Jonathan, if you don't mind, you may just
drop that extra start s|/**|/*| to make the htmldocs target happy
again.

Thanks,
Miquèl