Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the iio tree with the char-misc.current tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 14:35:17 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the iio tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/iio/dac/ti-dac5571.c

between commit:

  a2a43fd9d84a ("iio: dac: dac5571: Fix chip id detection for OF devices")

from the char-misc.current tree and commit:

  542fd5f1f657 ("iio: dac: ti-dac5571: add support for ti,dac121c081")

from the iio tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc drivers/iio/dac/ti-dac5571.c
index 0b775f943db3,96b86e2dcc6b..000000000000
--- a/drivers/iio/dac/ti-dac5571.c
+++ b/drivers/iio/dac/ti-dac5571.c
@@@ -393,15 -386,16 +394,16 @@@ static int dac5571_remove(struct i2c_cl
  }
  
  static const struct of_device_id dac5571_of_id[] = {
 -	{.compatible = "ti,dac5571"},
 -	{.compatible = "ti,dac6571"},
 -	{.compatible = "ti,dac7571"},
 -	{.compatible = "ti,dac5574"},
 -	{.compatible = "ti,dac6574"},
 -	{.compatible = "ti,dac7574"},
 -	{.compatible = "ti,dac5573"},
 -	{.compatible = "ti,dac6573"},
 -	{.compatible = "ti,dac7573"},
 -	{.compatible = "ti,dac121c081"},
 +	{.compatible = "ti,dac5571", .data = (void *)single_8bit},
 +	{.compatible = "ti,dac6571", .data = (void *)single_10bit},
 +	{.compatible = "ti,dac7571", .data = (void *)single_12bit},
 +	{.compatible = "ti,dac5574", .data = (void *)quad_8bit},
 +	{.compatible = "ti,dac6574", .data = (void *)quad_10bit},
 +	{.compatible = "ti,dac7574", .data = (void *)quad_12bit},
 +	{.compatible = "ti,dac5573", .data = (void *)quad_8bit},
 +	{.compatible = "ti,dac6573", .data = (void *)quad_10bit},
 +	{.compatible = "ti,dac7573", .data = (void *)quad_12bit},
++	{.compatible = "ti,dac121c081", data = (void *)single_12bit},
  	{}
  };
  MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE(of, dac5571_of_id);