Subject: Re: HTE tree for linux-next

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 07:46:08 +1000

Hi Thierry,

On Tue, 3 May 2022 14:57:14 +0200 Thierry Reding <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Dipen has been working on a new subsystem for hardware timestamping and
> Linus Walleij suggested to put it in linux-next to give it a bit of soak
> time before we propose it for inclusion in mainline.
> 
> To simplify things, I've pushed a branch with the patches to the Tegra
> repository for now, but longer term the plan is to get Dipen set up with
> the necessary keys to maintain this in a separate tree.
> 
> 	git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tegra/linux.git#hte/for-next
> 
> Can you add this to the list of trees for linux-next?

Added from today with you and Dipen as contacts.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window. 

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and 
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell 
[email-masked]

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell