Subject: linux-next: build warnings after merge of the arm-soc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 08:58:15 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the arm-soc tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) produced these warnings:

arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm953012hr.dts:57.3-33: Warning (reg_format): /nand-controller@18028000/nand@0/partition@0:reg: property has invalid length (8 bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm953012hr.dts:62.3-33: Warning (reg_format): /nand-controller@18028000/nand@0/partition@200000:reg: property has invalid length (8 bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm953012hr.dts:66.3-33: Warning (reg_format): /nand-controller@18028000/nand@0/partition@600000:reg: property has invalid length (8 bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm953012hr.dts:70.3-33: Warning (reg_format): /nand-controller@18028000/nand@0/partition@1000000:reg: property has invalid length (8 bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm953012hr.dtb: Warning (pci_device_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm953012hr.dtb: Warning (pci_device_bus_num): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm953012hr.dtb: Warning (i2c_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm953012hr.dtb: Warning (spi_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm953012hr.dts:55.14-59.4: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /nand-controller@18028000/nand@0/partition@0: Relying on default #address-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm953012hr.dts:55.14-59.4: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /nand-controller@18028000/nand@0/partition@0: Relying on default #size-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm953012hr.dts:60.19-63.4: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /nand-controller@18028000/nand@0/partition@200000: Relying on default #address-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm953012hr.dts:60.19-63.4: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /nand-controller@18028000/nand@0/partition@200000: Relying on default #size-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm953012hr.dts:64.19-67.4: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /nand-controller@18028000/nand@0/partition@600000: Relying on default #address-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm953012hr.dts:64.19-67.4: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /nand-controller@18028000/nand@0/partition@600000: Relying on default #size-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm953012hr.dts:68.20-71.4: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /nand-controller@18028000/nand@0/partition@1000000: Relying on default #address-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm953012hr.dts:68.20-71.4: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /nand-controller@18028000/nand@0/partition@1000000: Relying on default #size-cells value

I don't know what caused this now.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell