Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree with Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 13:59:10 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the tip tree got a conflict in:

  arch/x86/kvm/cpuid.c

between commit:

  5a1bde46f98b ("kvm: x86/cpuid: Only provide CPUID leaf 0xA if host has architectural PMU")

from Linus' tree and commit:

  202c3484768b ("kvm: x86/cpuid: Fix CPUID leaf 0xA")

from the tip tree.

I fixed it up (I (arbitrarily) chose to use the latter) and can carry the
fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned,
but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream
maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want
to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to
minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell