Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for May 3

From: Christoph Hellwig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 16:11:22 +0200

On Mon, May 09, 2022 at 01:33:07PM +0000, [email-masked] wrote:
> @Christoph, I know /nothing/ about swiotlb, so if you have any
> suggestions for debugging that you would like me to try, let me
> know please.

Hi Conor,

sorry for dropping this on the flor.  I was at LSF/MM least week and
my plan to go through my backlog today didn't go to plan as I unepectedly
spent half the day at doctors appointments.

The commit looks like a somewhat unusual culprit for a boot failure,
so any chance you could do another manual verifiation pass where
you checkout 6424e31b1c05 and then the commit before it (i.e. as
git checkout 6424e31b1c05^) to make sure it really is this commits?
Some of the commits around it just seems like more likely culprits to
me, so I'd like to really be 100% sure here.  In the meantime I'll
look through the patch.  Also you don't happen to have earlycon support
on this plaform to see if there are any interesting messages on the
serial console?