Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the crypto tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 21:10:04 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the crypto tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
pseries_le_defconfig) failed like this:

ccnI8W1t.s: Assembler messages:
ccnI8W1t.s: Error: .size expression for aes_p8_set_encrypt_key does not evaluate to a constant
ccnI8W1t.s: Error: .size expression for .aes_p8_set_encrypt_key does not evaluate to a constant
ccnI8W1t.s: Error: .size expression for aes_p8_set_decrypt_key does not evaluate to a constant
ccnI8W1t.s: Error: .size expression for .aes_p8_set_decrypt_key does not evaluate to a constant
ccnI8W1t.s: Error: .size expression for aes_p8_encrypt does not evaluate to a constant
ccnI8W1t.s: Error: .size expression for .aes_p8_encrypt does not evaluate to a constant
ccnI8W1t.s: Error: .size expression for aes_p8_decrypt does not evaluate to a constant
ccnI8W1t.s: Error: .size expression for .aes_p8_decrypt does not evaluate to a constant
ccnI8W1t.s: Error: .size expression for aes_p8_cbc_encrypt does not evaluate to a constant
ccnI8W1t.s: Error: .size expression for .aes_p8_cbc_encrypt does not evaluate to a constant
ccnI8W1t.s: Error: .size expression for aes_p8_ctr32_encrypt_blocks does not evaluate to a constant
ccnI8W1t.s: Error: .size expression for .aes_p8_ctr32_encrypt_blocks does not evaluate to a constant
ccnI8W1t.s: Error: .size expression for aes_p8_xts_encrypt does not evaluate to a constant
ccnI8W1t.s: Error: .size expression for .aes_p8_xts_encrypt does not evaluate to a constant
ccnI8W1t.s: Error: .size expression for aes_p8_xts_decrypt does not evaluate to a constant
ccnI8W1t.s: Error: .size expression for .aes_p8_xts_decrypt does not evaluate to a constant

Caused by commit

  b52455a73db9 ("crypto: vmx - Align the short log with Makefile cleanups")

I have reverted that commit for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell