Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree with the kbuild tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 14:24:31 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the tip tree got a conflict in:

  scripts/Makefile.build

between commit:

  0212301af7bb ("kbuild: do not create *.prelink.o for Clang LTO or IBT")

from the kbuild tree and commit:

  753da4179d08 ("objtool: Remove --lto and --vmlinux in favor of --link")

from the tip tree.

I am not sure if I fixed this up correctly, please check the final result
when linux-next is released.

I fixed it up (I used the former version) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell