Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the kvm tree with Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2022 10:33:13 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the kvm tree got a conflict in:

  arch/x86/kvm/x86.c

between commit:

  6cd88243c7e0 ("KVM: x86: do not report a vCPU as preempted outside instruction boundaries")

from Linus' tree and commit:

  2f4073e08f4c ("KVM: VMX: Enable Notify VM exit")

from the kvm tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc arch/x86/kvm/x86.c
index 2ec6a110ec6c,79efdc19b4c8..000000000000
--- a/arch/x86/kvm/x86.c
+++ b/arch/x86/kvm/x86.c
@@@ -296,9 -284,8 +284,10 @@@ const struct _kvm_stats_desc kvm_vcpu_s
  	STATS_DESC_COUNTER(VCPU, nested_run),
  	STATS_DESC_COUNTER(VCPU, directed_yield_attempted),
  	STATS_DESC_COUNTER(VCPU, directed_yield_successful),
 +	STATS_DESC_COUNTER(VCPU, preemption_reported),
 +	STATS_DESC_COUNTER(VCPU, preemption_other),
- 	STATS_DESC_ICOUNTER(VCPU, guest_mode)
+ 	STATS_DESC_ICOUNTER(VCPU, guest_mode),
+ 	STATS_DESC_COUNTER(VCPU, notify_window_exits),
  };
  
  const struct kvm_stats_header kvm_vcpu_stats_header = {