Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the rcu tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 15:38:02 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the rcu tree, today's linux-next build (htmldocs) produced
this warning:

Documentation/RCU/Design/Requirements/Requirements.rst:2220: WARNING: Malformed table.

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+
| **Quick Quiz**:                                                       |
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+
| But what if my driver has a hardware interrupt handler that can run   |
| for many seconds? I cannot invoke schedule() from an hardware         |
| interrupt handler, after all!                                         |
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+
| **Answer**:                                                           |
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+
| One approach is to do ``ct_irq_exit();ct_irq_enter();`` every so    |
| often. But given that long-running interrupt handlers can cause other |
| problems, not least for response time, shouldn't you work to keep     |
| your interrupt handler's runtime within reasonable bounds?            |
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+

Introduced by commit

  6c5218715286 ("context_tracking: Take IRQ eqs entrypoints over RCU")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell