Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the drivers-x86 tree with the drivers-x86-fixes tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 13:34:23 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the drivers-x86 tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/platform/x86/thinkpad_acpi.c

between commits:

  42504af77536 ("platform/x86: thinkpad-acpi: profile capabilities as integer")
  bce6243f767f ("platform/x86: thinkpad_acpi: do not use PSC mode on Intel platforms")

from the drivers-x86-fixes tree and commit:

  6fe391dd5d87 ("platform/x86: thinkpad-acpi: profile capabilities as integer")

from the drivers-x86 tree.

I fixed it up (I just used the former version) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell