Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the irqchip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 15:42:52 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the irqchip tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

In file included from drivers/gpio/gpio-thunderx.c:18:
include/asm-generic/msi.h:32:3: error: conflicting types for 'msi_alloc_info_t'; have 'struct msi_alloc_info'
   32 | } msi_alloc_info_t;
      |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from include/linux/gpio/driver.h:15,
                 from drivers/gpio/gpio-thunderx.c:10:
arch/x86/include/asm/msi.h:7:31: note: previous declaration of 'msi_alloc_info_t' with type 'msi_alloc_info_t' {aka 'struct irq_alloc_info'}
    7 | typedef struct irq_alloc_info msi_alloc_info_t;
      |                               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/gpio/gpio-thunderx.c: In function 'thunderx_gpio_populate_parent_alloc_info':
drivers/gpio/gpio-thunderx.c:416:34: error: initialization of 'msi_alloc_info_t *' {aka 'struct msi_alloc_info *'} from incompatible pointer type 'msi_alloc_info_t *' {aka 'struct irq_alloc_info *'} [-Werror=incompatible-pointer-types]
  416 |         msi_alloc_info_t *info = &gfwspec->msiinfo;
      |                                  ^
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

Caused by commit

  91a29af413de ("gpio: Remove dynamic allocation from populate_parent_alloc_arg()")

I have used the irqchip tree from next-20220707 again for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell